Thursday 5 April 2012

Today I Made Strawberry Jam.....

Today I made some Strawberry Jam.  The house smelt of strawberries, outside smelt of strawberries. My husband, who shall from henceforth be known as "Himself" came in to see what I was doing and he was super impressed...

I'll show you what I did....



 First of all I got 2 kilos of these beautiful strawberries and hulled them...



Then I chopped them in half and put them into my big soup pot.....




Then I added 2 kilos of sugar - yes 2 kilos - it has to be equal amounts



Then I let it boil for 20 minutes... it looked all pink and frothy and gorgeous.




While that was happening I put some clean jars into a hot oven to sterilise them ( and because you have to put the jam into hot jars)



When the jam was ready (see below for hints) I added the juice of 1 lemon as it improves the flavour



Helpful hints from the "Edmonds Cookbook"



Then it was into the jars and covered whilst hot.



Presto - yummy jam!!! Yay!



Finally I went to see Nellie, my cockatoo, she didn't want to talk to me...



Until  she saw what I had saved for her.....



One happy cockatoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment