Saturday 17 December 2011

LITA ROZA - HOW MUCH IS THAT DOGGIE IN THE WINDOW. No1 U.K.



When I was a little girl, my Dad used to sing to me while I sat on his knee... it was one of my favourite times, and I squealed with delight everytime  he would sit me up there!!

So imagine my squeals when I found this book while out thrifting the other day and saw that the original singer was no other than Lita Roza - a 50's singer I am ashamed to say I had never heard of!!!



I always thought it was a song from my Father's childhood that he just sang to me - a Number 1 hit - get outta town!!!

Apparently Lita thought it was a "rubbish song" and didn't rate it amongst her best - but I certainly loved it and have been humming it all week!!! (I know, I know!! No I don't have a life!!)



Looking at the lovely Lita, she looks to have been a sexy siren and very beautiful!!

This is one of the many reasons why I love vintage it brings back so many great memories!!!

So watch this and sing along and remember - sometimes things you think are rubbish a real treasures to others!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment