Saturday 3 December 2011

Aunty Claire

My Aunty Claire passed away last week.  She was a very warm and caring person, who loved beautiful things - her china cabinet was the envy of many.  She was remembered at her funeral this week by her sons for her fabulous culinary skills (she was an amazing cook), but I remembered her best for her love of pretty feminine things (my Mother had no time for such frippery, she was a beautiful "no nonsense" woman).


I found this magazine my Grandmother gave me many years ago because I loved the dresses in it.  It belonged to my Aunty Claire, and I got to thinking - which dress would she have liked - did she make one (you could send away for the patterns for these dresses).


I guess I'll never know, but I do know how beautiful she was then, and how full of the expectation of life she was - she was just married and building her own home.....


I also know that she was one of those women on our life's journey who teaches us a little bit of how to "be" a woman, how to appreciate beautiful things and pretty dresses, how to sashay when we walk, how to take care of our best assets,and most of all how to love our femininity...


No comments:

Post a Comment